Sunday, July 25, 2010

Checking Out Spas in Antigua, Guatemala



I have been coming to Guatemala since 1997. Originally in Antigua there were a few Spas doing primarily massages and some basic treatments, like facials. In these days I always thought of them a good value because they were so inexpensive (100-150 quetzales). With the arrival of day spas the number of spas in Antigua has grown to where there are now 10 or more spas. They are the Mayan Spa at two locations (Alameda Santa Lucia Norte) and Petite Mayan Spa (6a Avenida Norte) www.mayan-spa.com, Bella Spa (4Calle Oriente) www.salonbellaspa.net, Healing Hands (3a Avenida Norte), El Reposo Spa (1 Calle Poniente), Minoshka’s Spa (7a Avenida Norte & 5a Calle Poniente), Skin Deep (1a Avenida Sur), Casa Madeleine (Calle de Espírita Santo) www.casamadeleine.com, Hotel Healthy (Body & Face Medical Spa) (Carr. a Cd. Vieja km. 1.5) and Reginadawn Spa Bed & Breakfast (5a Avenida Sur). While these spas now offer a greater variety of treatments the overall level of service is still basic or inconsistent at most. Maybe the downturn in the economy coupled with the need to keep the price at a level to attract costumers has not helped. Typically a 60-minute massage ranges from 150-300 quetzales (at today’s rate of 8.2 quetzales for $1US) Antigua prices for massages are excellent.

Mayan Spa



Very few of the spas in Antigua are stand-alone spas in fact many are actually beauty parlors with some spa service. This unfortunately often results in some of the employees being cross-trained on everything from hair styling to massage therapy. The result is your day at the spa may result in a person with long nails giving you a massage. From a spa users point of view this is scary! In the past I have tried Bella Spa (it has now down sized and moved to a new location), Mayan Spa at both locations, Skin Deep. During my most recent visit I had 60-minute massage at Minoshka’s Spa (200 quetzales), Reginadawn’s Spa (200 quetzales) and a private massage therapist (300 quetzales). Both Reginadawn and the private therapist were good however Minoshka’s was excellent. My husband also had a 60-minute massage with a different therapist and he also felt that the massage at Minoshka’s was excellent. Overall, we both felt that their staff was better trained compared to our prior spa experiences in Antigua.

Reginadawn's Spa












There are some online sources that you can use to check out spas in Antigua. One excellent source is www.tripadvisor.com that posts spa reviews. Two excellent local online magazines in English are the Revue www.revuemag.com and Que Pasa grupoquepasa.com. In addition, the website www.antiguaselect.com posts ads for spa services in Antigua.

Also for information on Antigua's more elegant spas see spaswinefood. You will find the following spaswinefood posts useful:
  1. The Ceiba Spa
  2. Antigua's More Elegant Spas




11 comments:



  1. Hello, Do you need a loan from The most trusted and reliable company
    in the world? if yes then contact us now for we offer loan to all
    categories of seekers be it companies or for staff usage. We offer
    loan at 3% interest rate, Contact us via email:
    gogmssis@gmail.com

    (1) Full Name
    (2) Full Address
    (3) Country
    (4) Age
    (5) Occupation
    (6) Tell phone number
    (7) Sex:
    (8) Loan Amount needed:
    (9) Loan Duration

    Email us at: gogmssis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need Finance?
    Are you looking for Finance?
    Are you looking for a money to enlarge your business?
    We help individuals and companies to obtain loan for business
    expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get a loan at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this cash/loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via Email:maxcreditfinance@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need an urgent loan at 3% APPLY: housingfinance247@gmail.com

    Cell No +919205467093
    Mr. Osman Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sir/Madam, Do you need a personal or business loan without stress and quick approval? If yes, contact us today as we are currently offering loans at 3% superb interest rate per year. Our loan is secured and safe, our customers happiness is our strength. For more Information and Application, kindly contact us via E-mail: housingfinance247@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM
    Full Name:
    Amount Needed:
    Duration:
    Country: Cell No:
    Email us Via housingfinance247@gmail.com

    Cell No +919205467093
    Mr. Osman Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Private Lender Bentex Funding Group Ltd.
    Greetings to you by (BFGL).
    We are a France-Paris based investment company known as Bentex Funding
    Group Ltd working on expanding its portfolio globally and financing
    projects.

    We would be happy to fund and invest with you in any profitable
    project if you have any viable project we can finance by making mutual
    investment with you. If you are interested, kindly contact us
    on:avitinvestmentauthority2@gmail.com for more details.
    Looking forward hearing from you soonest.
    Yours truly,
    Mrs Rose Larsson.
    (Personal Assistant)
    Bentex Funding Group Ltd(BFGL)
    509 Rue Jacques Coeur,75008 Paris-France
    Paris-France.Bentex Funding Group Ltd (BFGL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it.
    Edmonton Massage Spa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone, I am Mark Milley and I am so happy to return to this great forum to testify to the help I received from Williams David. I was in desperate need of a loan in another to be free of debt and financial slavery that had been entrusted to me by my ex-wife. It was really bad that I have to ask for help from friends, family and even my bank, but on one of them it could help me because my credit score was really bad. So I was browsing on my computer and saw some testimonials from people that David William helped with a loan, then I decided to contact him on his email {Personalloanesay@gmail.com}, so I got an email from them and I did everything He asked me. To my surprise, they transferred the loan I requested to my account and now I am so happy to cancel my debt and I have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of me and my family. If you need a loan, contact the best loan lender of all time David Williams in his email: {Personalloanesay@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you in NEED of a Quick Personal or Business Loan in this era of the Covid-19 pandemic? Guaranteed no repayments for the first 8 months, high approval decisions and a very low-interest rate fixed at 2% per annum. There are NO Credit Checks required. You can apply from any country in the world. Serious inquiries only! To discuss your scenario and to learn more details about our transaction procedure, terms and conditions Contact us today via email at: triumphantfinanceltd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete